Nursery Policies and Procedures
- A bottle (already prepared) or sippy cup labeled with your child's name
- Several diapers
- Change of clothes
Please DON'T bring
- Personal toys from home
- Medicine of any kind (If your child needs medication, it must be administered by the parent)
- Gum or candy
To help prevent the spread of illness to other children, do not bring your child to the nursery if they have:
- A fever in the past 24 hours
- A cold or flu
- Colored nasal discharge
- A persistent cough
- Any evidence of pinkeye in the past 24 hours
- Vomiting or stomach flu
- Skin infection
If in doubt, keep them out!
If a child becomes ill or injured, the parent/guardian of the child will be contacted immediately. Non-emergency incidents will be communicated when the child is picked up. All accidents will be reported to the Nursery Director and to the parent or guardian. Each child's diaper will be checked and/or changed as needed.
CPC's Nursery has oversight from the Children's Ministry and church leadership and is invested in the physical and spiritual well-being of every child to whom we minister.
We are blessed to have volunteers from our church who have been screened and trained in caring for and teaching our little ones Sunday mornings. We always have room for more volunteers to join us in these ministries.
- All nursery volunteers and employees must complete a criminal background check before serving
- Nursery volunteers are Christians and regular attendees in good standing at CPC
- At least two adults will be present in the nursery at all times
- Only pre-approved volunteers are permitted to serve in nursery
- Only females are permitted to change diapers
Parents of children joining us for the first time should fill out a registration form before bringing their child to the nursery. Please give the form to one of the volunteers in the nursery. If an emergency occurs with a child in the nursery, 911 will be summoned, and the parents will be notified immediately
Parents will be called to the nursery by a volunteer whenever the nursery staff determines the parents are needed.
Nursing mothers are welcome to use the nursery.
We employ redirection for inappropriate behavior as a behavior management technique. If there is an overt act of aggression (hitting, biting, shoving, etc) a brief time-out procedure will be used. Parents will be summoned if a child's behavior continues to be disruptive to the class.
9:00 a.m. Nursery opens
9:15 - 10:15 a.m. Sunday School
10:30 - 12:00 p.m. Worship Service
Jan Windsor, Nursery Director